Wednesday 9 January 2013

Would you believe me?

Bonjour tout le monde! Je m’appelle Vikas and along with my fellow bloggers Hammad, Natalia and our classmates, I welcome you to the IMD MBA blog for the class of 2013! This is our attempt to share our stories, highs and lows and document this IMD rollercoaster experience for 2013!
Let me introduce myself, I grew up in Dubai and moved to the US after high school…nearly 8 years after that, I happened to find myself back in Dubai and 4 years later, voila here I am in Lausanne not simply to learn about business but learn about people and discover myself somewhere in the process!
My wife and I moved to Lausanne last week and would you believe me if I told you that in a matter of a day we were able to register ourselves at the city hall, complete our biometrics, open a bank account, get new cell phone connections and also get our internet connection at home?!  This was not simply due to the famous 'Swiss efficiency'' but this was only possible because of my helpful classmates who are faster than Google to respond to every question on the Facebook page(Thank you Mazen for connecting all 90 of us) and our super negotiator – Hagit – for setting us up with a great mobile plan and of course IMD support services.
As if I wasn’t surprised enough with the above, I walked into our first class gathering on Friday organized by Anastasia and was immediately greeted with warm felicitations, hugs and best wishes from all my classmates and their partners congratulating us on our recent wedding in November.  My wife couldn't believe that everyone knew about our wedding and thanks to Emanuele the festivities progressed into the early hours of the morning. I shouldn’t brag but I don’t think I have ever met a more international group of people with some of the most wildest experiences!
Would you believe me if I told you that the IMD partners and families have already met a couple times this week and were taken on a tour of the campus today ahead of our orientation tomorrow?!
All I know is that the events of this past week have been nothing short of amazing and with the support of my classmates, partners and families, I can surely say that 2013 is going to be a year of new beginnings and you better believe me!
Best,
Vikas Menon

No comments:

Post a Comment