Wednesday 19 June 2013

Media reports, crisis management, PR releases and much more in 8 hours at IMD

Feels good to be back at the blog and I have to thank my fellow classmates for taking the pressure off us bloggers during the ICP weeks….My team and I ventured out to Helsinki and London for our client meetings and enjoyed the opportunity to be challenged but also to challenge and raise important concerns with our client who is amidst a major product launch in Europe! But between the long 16 hour days and some sleepless nights, what I remember the most is all the fun we had as a team and the many laughs and high fives, etc….for this and more I must thank my team for keeping me entertained and for having a light heart even when things got really ugly...
Continuing on my series of “Would you Believe me”​ (aka unbelievable things about the IMD learning experience and environment) – This morning’s class focused on Crisis Management - Would you believe me if I told you that in 4 hours this morning we went through a frenzy of “media attacks” and released multiple press releases on behalf of our “simulated company”…..we fought the press, worked with them, pushed them, sometimes got pushed…we dealt with internal employees freaking out on us and we dealt with a major crisis at hand….we watched in amazement how things can quickly go from bad to disastrous in a mere few minutes while we had to make major decisions…...What did I learn - ”Anything that can go wrong will”
What am I talking about?  Well come to IMD next year to find out about this and more because here at IMD, we don’t simply talk about business frameworks, standards, best practices and 2x2 matrices but we actually see them unfold in all their glory....(or maybe not always!)
Real World…Real Learning……..an everyday reality at IMD!

Feels good to be back,

Vikas Menon

No comments:

Post a Comment