Thursday 27 June 2013

‘Cause I’m leaving on a jet plane…

It’s been an insanely super fantastic few days since the weekend….It started with the alumni simulated interviews on Saturday morning followed by the alumni and MBA class networking cocktail. I continue to be amazed by the amount of quality time the IMD MBA alumni spend in mentoring, helping and guiding our class. Just this past week, I spent 2 hours with my mentor talking about my post MBA goals, this was followed by a simulated interview by another alumni and of course the many alumni met from the class of 2012 who I remember meeting last year during the assessment day. I know I have said this before but we have a strong alumni network, strong not purely by quantity but strong by the fact that they are ready to regulary devote quality time to help the IMD community and us…Thank you IMD MBA alumni’s!
On my list of thank you’s, I must also thank my classmates on the Mountain Experience committee (Fabian, Dan, Christophe & Ziv) for putting together an amazing three days in the beautiful mountains of Morgins with activities including Rafting, Hydrospeeding, Ultimate Frisbee, Rock climbing, Mountain biking, Pony rides (for the IMD kids), Family walks, Mountain Hikes and one hec of a party on Sunday night! I am still on the path to recovery…it was great spending time with my classmates and their partners away from the campus and in true vacation spirit!
And finally, I must thank all my classmates and IMD for a fantastic first 6 months of the program…as we embark on our summer breaks, I can’t help but reflect on how much I have learnt not just about business but about people, about myself, about cultures and languages, about leadership and about friendship…it’s been great but now its time for some R&R before we come back to head to South Africa! 
I’m off to Dubai tomorrow and my next blog post will probably come from the Middle East where temperatures are at 41 degrees! Nevertheless, there is nothing in the world that comes close to the excitement of going home!
…………..’Cause I’m leaving on a jet plane…..

Thank you IMD!
Vikas Menon

No comments:

Post a Comment