Wednesday 20 March 2013

Ooops…I forgot…

Yes, it finally happened….Hopefully, I’m the only one who realized – I forgot to post my regular blog entry over the weekend.  I knew it was bound to happen given the increasing pace of the program, the upcoming exams and start up deadline.
My mind is currently racing with 1000 thoughts about the exam and I’d be lieing if I said I weren’t stressed…for most of us, its been a while since we had exams and as my classmate Patricia said, we really thought that the GMAT would be the last exam for us!
We had our final class with Prof.Leif Sjoblom today for Accounting and tomorrow is the last day of class for Module 1. Yesterday, while reviewing balance sheets, cash flow statements, cost accounting etc,  I began to realize that amidst the pace of the program and the 101 things we do every day, I had managed to absorb and learn a fair amount of accounting...my only hope is that, this "fair amount" is enough to get me through the exam :-) 
On a different note, our ICP teams were assigned at the start of the week. In my case, I will be working with a global mobile phone manufacturer and given my background in high tech and telecommunications, this project and company are close to my heart! It’s also exciting to have a new group and new challenge ahead of us for Module 2!
But this is not all that’s happening at IMD – Thanks to our classmate Henrique and the Speakers Committee, today we had the pleasure to hear from Mr. Andre Laude, Chief Investment Officer for IFC(The World Bank Group).
Special thanks to our brave classmates who are taking the time this week to help us prepare for the exams by organizing various review sessions. 
As you can, lots to share but very less time....so until next week 
Wish us luck for the exams!

Vikas Menon

No comments:

Post a Comment