Wednesday 27 March 2013

One year later

First, I need to say that I've hardly been able to contain my excitement this evening given that tomorrow is our last exam and it’s freedom for 4 days! (which by the way will be the longest break we have had since we started in January) We end exam week with Marketing tomorrow and that officially ends Module 1 for us!
It’s been a tough week for me trying to fight a really nasty cough for the past 2 weeks while trying to stay focused in spite of all the cough syrups and sedatives I have been having! I finally gave up on self-medication and took a 25 minute hike to the Vidy urgent care clinic today to try to find a cure for this annoying cough! FYI – good luck trying to get a doctor’s appointment in Lausanne if you don’t plan to fall sick in advance and by advance I mean at least a few weeks’ notice! It’s days like these when I miss the convenience of my old life in Dubai where I could drive to the first available doctor, get treated and be out all in less than an hour but Cést la vie and you win some and lose some! J
Yesterday, I had the opportunity to have lunch with an applicant for next year’s class and I couldn’t help but reminisce my assessment day last year March 21. We were 5-6 nationalities from completely different professional backgrounds and yet by the end of the day we all were gelling quite well….not surprising then that all of us eventually made it into the program and are classmates today (Steeve, Mathias, Truth and Alex)!  
And finally on the topic of exams, would it be wrong if I said that I actually enjoyed the opportunity to review, reflect and prepare for these exams? It not only helped me connect the bits and pieces of dispersed information but also helped me validate and realize that indeed I had managed to learn a lot in these past 3 months and that’s a great feeling in itself! Yes, a decent grade in all the subjects would be great after this but who cares about the results when you know that you gained so much in just 3 months!
It’s been a great journey so far and I believe the results will eventually come!
Back to marketing and preparing for a great celebration tomorrow!

Happy Easter!

Yours,
Vikas Menon​
 

No comments:

Post a Comment