Sunday 15 December 2013

Life after IMD

So folks, here it is my last IMD MBA blog…riding the train from Crans Montana to Geneva enroute Paris. I told myself that I would post a few more entries before this last one but somehow between the apartment exit inspection, the many last minute errands and the depressing good byes, I was unable to spare a few minutes to post…
This blog has helped me put words to the many crazy feelings and emotions I have experienced through this crazy rollercoaster ride! Thank you my dearest classmates for reading, commenting and sharing these stories with your friends and dear ones and thank you for those many encouraging messages….thank you to my friends, family, partner and readers (my 2.5 readers J ) for taking the time to see what the journey was about and for all those lovely comments and thoughts….thank you IMD and Suzy Laurent for providing us this opportunity to share our stories openly and publicly!
So what’s next – One year after the start of the program, I now have the opportunity to change my industry, function and geography…something I wanted to do prior to the program…IMD has helped me connect with companies I could only dream off and secure opportunities that were far from planned or expected….however, personally for me the career aspect is less than a fraction of what I got from IMD.
The best part was, is and will always be the people – my classmates, the professors, the IMD staff, the network. I cannot begin to express how I feel leaving all this and Switzerland behind…We were at the mountains this weekend with my classmate Emanuelle and friends and on my ride there, between clicking a ‘selfie’ with him and between the many dinners and hikes this weekend, I started thinking about life after IMD and about not meeting these special people every day…but at the same time I realized maybe that’s not the entire reality  because in a month from now many of us will be meeting in India for a classmates wedding, we will also be meeting in Dubai prior to the wedding…..I will bump into some of my classmates during this month as we travel around Europe and we already have mini reunions and meetings planned everywhere….so whilst we might never get to be in the Lorange auditorium as a class again, I can guarantee you that we will be meeting in many arenas across the world reliving, thinking and dreaming about this 1 year in Lausanne when a group of 90 exceptional….no, sorry, not exceptional, but when a group of 90 special friends met to begin the journey of their life’s, interconnected yet isolated, challenging but rewarding….but all from the same home – IMD! What more do I need or do we need to remember that we may be far but we are never alone or away from each other!

IMG-20131216-WA0002 (2).jpg
I will miss this blog and have decided to start posting regularly on my private blog…details of which will be posted later! J
Real World. Real Learning…Real Friendships!
Much love
Cheers, Alvida, Ciao
Vikas Menon

No comments:

Post a Comment