Wednesday 2 October 2013

Life in the (job hunt) war zone…

It’s been one overwhelming month or phase at IMD for most of us ….on one hand we are knee deep into ICP 2 with the industry analysis, client meetings, travels as far as Chile and China while on the other hand we are dealing with interviews, preparation, networking, job search and the pleasures of living life on the edge or life in the job-hunt war zone J
On a given day our emotions can go from super-elated upon hearing that we have been shortlisted to an interview with one of our top preferences to uber-upset for having either received some bad news about a prospective company or gone through a bad interview, etc…and then every time the phone rings you are hoping it’s that call from your favorite company telling you that you have advanced to the next stage in the process……but it’s not always the case and hopefully most of the time it is……
What helps me get through it all is the amazing support of my partner, family, friends and my classmates…you can’t always expect the best news but I can always expect my people to be there for me and tell me how super amazing I am and even though I know it’s not true…every once in a while I let them convince me and I take relief in knowing that at least outside this job search war zone, there also exists another world and another reality and I’m glad I have these special, important and considerate people in that reality to pick me up and support me when the war zone wears me down and they stand by close to motivate me to shake off the bad news and steadily and strongly move on to the next challenge…
But indeed like my fellow blogger said, this is also very much part of the learning….it’s great to ride the waves but there are days when it’s tough to get up, shake it off and get back in the war zone….and that's also part of this great learning journey....but for those days, thank god for the great people around us and thank god for beer! :- )
 ​

No comments:

Post a Comment